Monday, May 08, 2006

Couple of things

- Quite a busy weekend for yours truly. Lots of obligations at work during the week, culminating with presentations and reports on Friday. All went well though. And the first Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens 'Spring Hoe-Down' went off without a hitch on Saturday. Let me tell you, being the event coordinator for something you know nothing about isn't the easiest task in the world. Still, looks like we raised between $2,000 and $3,000 for IHN, which is good. And The Wife and I successfully won five bottles of white wine donated by Gosford Wine in the silent auction, so that's good. Ed was gracious enough to join me for a couple of drinks Saturday night, and we enjoyed the music of Justin Brogdon on the patio at Boar's Head.

- Not that I'm well-versed in matters of national intelligence gathering, but I don't necessarily see the problem with an experienced military officer, particularly one with significant intelligence experience, taking over the CIA. If he resigns from his current military post, he will be free from all of these odd conflict-of-interest charges which are plaguing him now. I'm really stunned so many Republicans, like Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss, are so vehemently opposing him. I mean, don't they support the troops?

- Uh, not really fellas. What perpetuates Georgia's party image is the vast number of college students who enjoying partying. These students are going to go down to Jacksonville a few days early no matter what. Back in my day, we didn't even have this Fall Break and my classes were so empty on Friday the professors always cancelled them. So, in my mind, the Fall Break makes perfect sense because it gives everyone time off at a time when people are going to take time off whether you like it or not.

- If you haven't yet, check out the discussion on Chuck Jones - complete with Chuck Jones himself - over at Athens Politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home