Monday, January 29, 2007

Economic decisions

For those of you who followed the adventures of my buddies and I during the football season, you remember that I made it a mission to bring a cheap beer to each tailgate. You'd be surprised what that does to your sense of taste ... one could argue it enhances it, while another could claim it denigrates it.

Still, I'm a fan of cheap beer in a can. So I'd like to see what you think. Which cheap beer that I brought over the year was the best selection? I'm already partial to Schlitz, which is actually a pretty good beverage (and available for only $1.50 for a 16-ounce can at Flicker).

Western Kentucky - Schaefer's Light


Colorado - Coor's Original

Tennessee - Lone Star

Vanderbilt - Schlitz

Mississippi State - Old Milwaukee

4 Comments:

Blogger Trey said...

Schlitz and Lone Star are right out. Hello!!! The voodoo contained in those beverages have a direct link to the quality of play we saw on the field. So, really, this season can all be blamed on your willy-nilly purchase of cheap beer without forethought to the damage it could cause to the psyches of 18-23 year-old men on the gridiron. I mean, c'mon.

9:06 AM  
Blogger TKAthens said...

Ahhh...I was going to pull for Schlitz until I read the Realist's dead-on comment about the black magic that can (Along with Lone Star) wielded on a otherwise unsuspecting Georgia football team. You are a bad man Johnathan A VERY BAD MAN.

Because those unnamed evil warlocks cast a horrible curse upon "The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous"...I suppose I will have to go with Schaefer's Light.

10:16 AM  
Blogger ctrosecrans said...

schlitz 12 oz. cans are a buck at the manhattan

12:31 PM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

What, No Genny?

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home