Thursday, March 08, 2007

Couple of things

- Athens Grow Green's annual report is out, and the story is a good one. Just a few days ago, I harped on the fact that I'd like to see our local government make a concerted effort to replace its fleet of automobiles with energy efficient vehicles, such as hybrids, and Athens-Clarke County Heidi Davison said the first one has just been purchased. The entire report can be found here.

- People. Is this really worth it? Don't get me wrong, I like a Chic-fil-A sandwich now and then, but I ain't spending the night to get free food there.

- I just try to offer a little bit of clarity regarding the District Eight debate.

- Though speaking of that race, Hillary's getting restless.

- It's going to be an awkward conversation, but somehow I have to tell this nice man that he has my ticket.

- Adrian put together a nice look at the new Athens Cine.

- Though he arrives at a similar conclusion as I did via completely different methods, Jeff Emanuel doesn't particularly care for bills promoting 'academic freedom' on campuses. I will point this out though ... this bill supposedly 'promotes a foundation of a learning environment that exposes students to a variety of political, ideological, and other perspectives.' Fair enough. But the column, again of which I pretty much agree with the conclusion (the bill ain't good and sets us up on that slippery slope of thought policing), suggests conservative students are being exposed to liberal professors. OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but would this not be an example of a learning environment exposing its students to different political and ideological perspectives? Conservative professors teaching conservative views to conservative students doesn't seem much like 'intellectual diversity' to me.

- Matthew Yglesias looks at the GOP presidential contenders, and wonders, as I do, about the lack of love for Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. He's the one Democrats should be nervous about. Not John McCain or Rudy Guiliani or Mitt Romney. Man, I'd take any of those guys in the general election any day of the week.

- Well, does this mean the terrorists have already won?

1 Comments:

Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

Dude, being first at Chick-fil-a openings aren't just one coupon for a sammich. If you're one of the first 100, you get coupons for one free combo meal every week for a year. That's like 400 bucks in food for participating in an extended tailgate party.

I'd do it.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home