Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My thoughts

Already emails asking me about my thoughts on the Yankees nabbing Mark Teixeira at the last second. My thoughts?

Meh.

With him stonewalling everyone, not just the Red Sox, and then approaching New York at the last second and shopping Boston's offer, it's obvious he wanted to play there. More power to the guy.

I'm not really going to gripe in the grand scheme of things since, you know, we've won two out of the last five world championships while the Yankees have a grand total of zero this century.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pokerista said...

I'm just going to hope he turns into the 1B version of Carl Pavano.

I don't think Teixeira really wanted to play in NY so much as Boras knew they were the only team that would pay maximum dollars after the Sox and Angels told him he had passed the bounds of reasonable.

I also hope that the new Yankee stadium has serious problems selling out with their exorbitant ticket prices, so the team experiences a cash crunch with all of these huge salaries they've passed around in the last year. That would be pretty sweet.

8:15 AM  
Blogger TKAthens said...

Of course I can't stand Teixeria for ditching his hometown team (the O's) but there is a silver lining here...two actually...1) he didn't sign with the Red Sox and 2) after the Yanks spending spree I've begun to see the first REAL discussion of a salary cap for baseball. If it doesn't happen soon, the sport is at real risk.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home