Monday, May 23, 2005

It's complete

With my wife occupied with a meeting of some sorts tonight, I took it upon myself to go see Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

Awesome.

Can't stress that enough. After being terribly disappointed by the first two prequels, this one definitely was worth it. The dialogue was still painful at times, but the story was tremendously better. And it did an excellent job of answering lots of questions, plus providing lots of foreshadowing.

What's interesting to note is the number of scenarios and situations that Anakin lived through, making the wrong choices, and then - in the original trilogy - seeing Luke go through those similar situations and making the correct ones.

Also got a chance to catch the trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe ... also not disappointing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pack Time said...

Can't stress enough that I thought the Revenge of the Sith was unbelievably ... disappointing. Or, well, believably if you consider how much the first two prequels sucked. The dialogue was what got me. "Oh Anakin, hold me like you did by the Lake on Naboo" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Then the myriad of scenarios that Anakin went through to get to the dark side were too much and none really came to fruition to me. I felt like I had to do the work in my head that Lucas failed to do in the script. Pathetic.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

eponymous - Long time no chat my friend! I've actually had work to do and stuff. The Narnia trailer rocked, which is good since I really had some reservations about how some of those characters were going to turn out in a live-action film.

dead stone fly - Disappointing? Really? That's too bad. I'll agree the dialogue was horrible at times - primarily stemming from the lack of a central character with a dry wit (like Han Solo in the original trilogy) ... that and Lucas wrote the bulk of the script and didn't let too many folks polish it up as he did in the original trilogy. The romance was painful at times.

Overall though, I thought the film rocked. I liked the slide of Anakin toward the Dark Side, and I enjoyed the parallels between his life and Luke's life (his offer to Padme to rule the galaxy was classic and drew a chuckle from the theater).

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home