Sunday, December 18, 2005

U.S. hearts apathy

It's a tragic day when few, if any, seem to care that the president has blatantly violated the U.S. Constitution, the very document he swore to uphold.

Make no mistake, if the reports coming to light are true, than ordering the National Security Agency to spy on citizens living within the borders of the United States without issuing a warrant is an impeachable offense ... and I don't trot that word out too lightly.

I haven't cared much for the ideologies, positions or decisions of this president, but I have never felt he was necessarily a bad guy out to destroy all that is good about this country. And I'm still not sure he is ... but I do now feel he doesn't mind violating others in order to get his way.

If it's true, then he violated the Constitution and he has to go.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber Rhea said...

I really feel like the American public at large has had a vast collective lobotomy. Seriously.. what. the. FUCK! I really want someone to explain to me why everyone got their damn panties in a wad to IMPEACH Clinton and Bush gets away with THIS shit?? Seriously people!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

It's politics. Simple enough.

Clinton had to deal with a Republican Congress that was hostile to him, while Bush has a Republican Congress that is, on the whole, friendly to him.

The House of Representatives will never impeach Bush because they're almost blindly loyal to him, regardless of the flaws.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Holla said...

"Make no mistake, if the reports coming to light are true, than ordering the National Security Agency to spy on citizens living within the borders of the United States without issuing a warrant is an impeachable offense ... and I don't trot that word out too lightly."

FYI. Hugh Hewitt has done a pretty good job summing up the pro-Bush response (I am Switzerland on this). See his six-part post on "Presidential Power". http://www.hughhewitt.com

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home