Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Couple of things

Let's do some housekeeping after yours truly enjoyed a nice three-day weekend ...

- The good folks at Athens Politics have offered a link to Patrick Armstrong's blogs, and I will do the same.

- I'm the new vice president of the Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens, and I teamed up with our president and executive director to pen a forum about the work of religious groups in fighting poverty. The gang at the Athens Banner-Herald was kind enough to run it.

- I don't really know where I come down on this, and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but apparently no one seems to know if traffic-calming medians will actually calm traffic or not.

- And, in nothing short of a shameless act of self-promotion, today's my birthday. I'm not sure what's more disconcerting ... the ever-increasing amount of grey hair I have or the fact that, at 28, I realize this year will feature my high school's 10-year reunion. Still, I've got my health, a great wife, loving family, good friends and a nice job (plus I actually hit the ball well at the driving range yesterday, though I was envious of Matt's brand spankin' new driver) ... so I'd give everything a thumbs-up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason Sansbury said...

Hey J-Mac-
Happy birthday man!
I hope it is a great one!
-Jason Sansbury

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Sansbury in the house!

What the heck my friend? How's life treating you? And thanks for the kind birthday wishes!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Holla said...

Yes, happy b-day, indeed! Do you have an old blue car that we can wreck in a church parking lot, just for old times' sake? (In my memory, you had that wreck on your actual 16th birthday, though I know that isn't actually the case.)

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B day bro! We gotta go play some golf soon. Hey, wasn't that blue car the one w/ the screwdriver as the turn signal lever? And Xon, is that picture of you supposed to be disturbing? It's the short hair I think. I don't know, haven't seen you guys in a while so maybe that's it.
- Bryan

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

That would be a 1986 Oldsmobile Calais my friend. Cursed vapor lock in that friggin' thing. Whole thing shut down, and I rolled into some random square dancer's car (seriously, the guy was a square dancer).

And yes indeed BRheal ... the screwdriver was a multi-purpose tool. It served as the blinker, as well as enabling me to open my glover compartment which was screwed shut because the handle was broken off. I'm sure if I try hard enough, I can blame Paul Wamsted.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Cousin Pat said...

Happy Birthday.

So far 28's done me better than 25, so go out and enjoy the hell out of those last two years before the big 3-0 sets in!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home