Thursday, February 02, 2006

Shameless product promotion

Been busy with work fellas, so sorry for the break. I've got a couple of ideas for some posts that I'm working on (and not all of them are political in nature, so a break from that), and I hope to get one or two of them up by the weekend. What I'll do now, however, is do some free PR for some things I've taken a likin' to.

- Bernzomatic Flexible Utility Lighter. I go to Sam's Club looking to buy some more point-and-click lighters, but I learn they don't sell those anymore. Instead, they suggest this new product they just began to carry with a bendable neck. It's no simple lighter ... it's a friggin' torch. And three of those bad boys for $12. The wife is a bit unnerved by them, but it's by far the coolest thing I've bought in a while.

- Terrapin Cream Ale. Not only is this an Athens brew, this stuff is absurdly good. My boy Tim Kelly tipped me off to this beverage - I had only gone for the Rye Ale previously - and, safe to say, it was a good suggestion. Honestly, it's like Cream Ale ... but with all the beer goodness.

- Smoking Loon Chardonnay. Let's talk about wine a bit. My (other) boy Matt pushed this wine on me last fall, but I didn't even open the bottle until Tuesday night. There's only half left.

- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. I've only read excerpts prior to receiving a copy for Christmas, and it's incredible. It's always good to read a sound, intellectual defense of Christianity rather than whatever drivel is on Trinity Broadcasting Network these days. Lewis doesn't let me down. Each chapter starts out with what I feel is a fairly simplistic argument that I'm about to discount, but then he turns on a dime and offers a deep, rational and powerful argument that blows my mind.

- The Office on NBC. I was so ready to give up on this show after what I felt was a lackluster first season. Everything was taken right from the BBC version and didn't translate well. The second season, however, has rocked. It is the funniest show on television and, underneath it all, are several incredibly sweet storylines (Jim and Pam, Michael's desire to be loved, etc.). I've taken to buying them from iTunes as of late just so I can have them on the go.

5 Comments:

Blogger Holla said...

After you finish Mere Christianity, get your hands on The Abolition of Man. Do it.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great website!
-?&
I really -?& recommend this site for all your promotion needs! Promotion -?& free -?& bendable
site promotion , great website!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the only thing I'm remembered for in life is suggesting worthy brews for those in need...I will consider it a fulfilling life.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

I was leaning toward The Problem of Pain, but I can be swayed.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Holla said...

Well, The Problem of Pain is interesting (people of a less-Calvinistic bent than myself tend to love it), but The Abolition of Man is the bestest of all.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home