Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Out of left field ...

Buddy, I like small towns too, but don't you folks need some economic opportunity? I mean, the county's average wage is $412 a week, which is more than $200 below the state average. The per capita personal income is $6,000 below the state average, the poverty rate is close to 15 percent and property values are $9,000 below the state average.

I don't know how this became an 'Athens-Clarke County vs. Madison County' argument, since I think the Banner-Herald just said 'why don't you guys quit fooling around and then you can attract some growth. What kind of growth you wish to have? Any kind you want. Hey it's your community, and I'm all for letting you pick how you best want to do it.

Come to think about it, the real guy who would want to dictate such things is actually your State Senator. A guy named Hudgens. Doesn't like local control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home