Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Real Work Conversations

Me: A buddy of mine wants me to go watch the Home Run Derby with him tonight, but I've got a meeting and a ton of stuff to take care of.
Carissa: Yeah, my dad's bringing me a hat back.
Me: Ah, Pennsylvania ties.
Carissa: I went to the All-Star Game a few years back when it was in Philadelphia.
Me: Really?
Carissa: Oh yeah. Back in fifth grade, I used to be really into collecting baseball cards. I was absolutely in love with Von Hayes.
Me: Man ... Von Hayes and then Dickie Thon at first?
Carissa: No, no ... Von Hayes played first base and Dickie Thon was at shortstop.
Me: (pause) That's awesome.
Carissa: I'm saying.

1 Comments:

Blogger ctrosecrans said...

i was bitter about being at the home run derby -- didn't want to be there and wouldn't have to be there if bronson arroyo weren't hung over

but i did get a hat (good hint, if you ever want some kind of swag from an event like that, and you can, wait until the day after. 50 percent off sales)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home