Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Couple of things

- I've been away and, quite frankly, I didn't really want to come back. A life of leisure at the beach would suit me just fine.

- Athens-Clarke County mayoral candidate Andy Rusk pens a letter to the editor regarding the downtown drinking issues.

- Per an email release, I learn that Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin has endorsed Heidi Davison’s re-election bid for mayor of Athens-Clarke County. That's big time folks since a lot of folks really like Shirley, myself included. It'll probably go a long way in helping sway the minds of a lot of people who are on the fence about Heidi ... or, then again, it could just be another endorsement that no one pays attention to. I mean, Ashton Kutcher endorsed John Edwards and that didn't get him out of the primary, so, you know, there's that.

- Continuing the election news, Mac Rawson, who's seeking the 47th District State Senate seat, is hosting a rally and BBQ at Pittard Park in Winterville this Thursday. The admission is $10 and has food from Zeb's BBQ. Mac's good people, and I'd recommend getting out there. I've got a commitment that night, but I'm going to see if I can swing by for a bit.

- Dude ... I mean, for one thing, they lack souls so killing them in the name of Steve Irwin is really stupid.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

Animals do most definitely not, as you imply in your post of September the 12th, "lack souls". Quite the contrary, animals have two souls. Granted, this is not as many as the three souls possessed by man, but their form of life, while less complex than ours, is fitting to their nature. And they are most definitely ensouled.

Regards,

Plato and Aristotle

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home