Friday, September 22, 2006

Real Work Conversations

Me: Yeah, I'm taking votes to see what kind of cheap beer I should bring to our tailgate.
Paul: If they still make it, you should bring Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Hillary: What do you mean if they still make it?
Me: I just bought some a few weeks ago.
Paul: I don't drink anything like that, or anything out of can.

(Fast-forward three hours or so)

Hillary: That's got to be a 'Real Work Conversation' ... particularly how he called it Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Me: I just like how he thought they didn't make it anymore.
Hillary: I know.
Me: Well, he is a Notre Dame fan ... they must be more high-brow in the tailgating tastes.

8 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

Did Paul actually suggest you should bring PBR? Or did he just ask if it still exists?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Pabst Blue Ribbon web site [here].

I liked this tidbit: "During World War II, Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans were painted olive drab at the factory for military use. All of the canned beer was for the military. Pabst Blue Ribbon beer was not sold to civilians in cans during the war because of tin rationing."

8:31 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I did suggest it. I think I first suggested Meister Brau...I was going for the cheapest of the cheapest of the Milwaukee-brewed stuff. The ones that are just a step above beer-flavored water.

8:35 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

I looove beer-flavored water.

Actually, you might have an idea there.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

This could be a new product by Dasani ...

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

COORS!!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cousin Pat said...

Take PBR, put a lime in it = "Redneck on Vacation."

Least, that's what we call em on Island City.

This is usually the drink when the rum or tequila runs out, but it is still tasty as a stand alone.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Adrian Pritchett said...

I did hear some rumor that they were going to stop making it.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home