Thursday, October 05, 2006

Keep listening

As both Hillary and I have said before, we're fortunate enough to have a group of interns who absolutely rock as far as personality, attitude and talent. We know they'll go on to make a heck of a lot more money than we ever will, so perhaps they'll remember how nice we are now and let us ride their coattails down the road.

Regardless of that, one of our interns, Katie, is on a student-run radio show on 90.5-FM on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. As a running joke, each Wednesday before she leaves I request that she mention my name on air ... only to have her not (hence use of the term 'running joke').

And so it goes yesterday ... as she leaves I ask, 'are you going to mention me?'

What does she do? Well, of course, she drops my name.

So today, upon her arrival, she's all excited about doing so and comes in my office asking 'did you listen yesterday?' I, of course, was a schmuck and did not. This led to much mocking in the office, as well as genuine regret on my part.

In an effort to make amends ... I acknowledge this now and shall plug her radio show, which is entitled 'Girls Night In' or something catchy like that.

And, thanks to Hillary's work, she and I jointly post this entertaining picture of her from MySpace.

That's our intern on the left ... this photo really made Hillary and I laugh, even though it's not terribly funny.

3 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

Facebook. Not MySpace. Note that Johnathan is pretty much an old person when it comes to these things. MyFace? Wha?

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok. so to make amends you post that terrible picture of me on your blog. the photograph was taken at a 'Things that Start with B' social. I was Betty Crocker (you can't see my apron) and the chick next to me is a biker.

2:15 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

Awww... we thought it was cute. It kinda captures the Katieness.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home