Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Real Work Conversations

Intern Leslie: I know you're going to make fun of me and how I eat at commercial chain restaurants, but I ate at Chili's for lunch today.
Me: Leslie, come on.
Intern Katie: We've got to get you a list of local restaurants.
Intern Leslie: It's awful, I know.
Me: There are plenty of good ones around you can eat at.
Intern Katie: I can forgive you for Chili's ... but Applebee's? Absolutely not.

..........

Me: Is it wrong of me to like that new song by Diddy?
Intern Leslie: Which one is it?
Me: It's called 'Come To Me.'
Intern Lauren: Perhaps if you sang it for us, we could help you out.
Me: I'm not singing a Diddy song.
Intern Lauren: You sang 'Ignition' by R. Kelly yesterday.
Me: That's different.
Intern Lauren: Apparently there's an R. Kelly mood?
Me: Anytime is an R. Kelly mood.

5 Comments:

Blogger Holla said...

Chili's is good.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Doesn't their corn come on a stick?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

I agree that anytime is an R. Kelly mood. Good observation!

I haven't seen one Chili's or one Applebee's up here. There is a TGIFriday's in Oak Park, but the others I have yet to come across. That's weird.

What sucks is no Chick-fil-A!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Josh M. said...

I work in an elementary school. Let me tell you: there is definitely a time to NOT be in an R. Kelly mood.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Holla said...

Not even in the malls? You, sir, are "in Inferno".

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home