Monday, November 20, 2006

Can we say 'nervous laughter' ...

Wow. Who knew Kramer was such a horrible bigot?

Easily the most uncomfortable thing I've seen in a long while.

I'd say unfortunate, but I don't really care for Michael Richards outside of the whole Kramer character so there's that ... and, truth be told, it'll be hard to look at that character the same after the, you know, incredibly offensive and ignorant racist outburst.

Though the guys he shouted out shouldn't have fired back with their own racial epithets either. It's not good to fight ignorance with more ignorance, particularly when it was so painfully clear how disturbingly wrong Richards was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holla said...

"I'm insensitive!"

Come on, you have to admit that he was funny in So I Married an Axe Murderer.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Amber Rhea said...

*sigh* Yes, this was quite a disappointment. Like you, Jmac, I've never much cared for anything Richards has done outside of Seinfeld; but I wouldn't have expected something like this from him. What was equally disappointing was Jerry Seinfeld referring to it as a "mistake." Yes, racism is just a mistake! Oops, my bad, guys! LOL!!1!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home