Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Couple of things

- Bob Bowen does't have a clue ... and for a variety of reasons. First off, while there is a legitimate argument to be made about not having the Georgia General Assembly tamper with the Georgia High School Association, it's ridiculous to claim that the newspaper can't voice its opinion about the matter. Second, just because you cite the shared state title from Athens High School from 1969 doesn't mean the system works. If these kids are allowed to play overtime in every game except the state championship, something's not right.

- I think the Athens Banner-Herald editorial on the development of Jekyll Island is good, but let's be honest about this ... those folks are going to stack up overpriced condo after overpriced condo on that island with little to no concern about the natural environment.

- This isn't a terrible idea by any means, but I have some doubts about whether or not the 'average Peach State motorist travels at 75 mph, which is 20 mph over the speed limit.' On what road? Lord knows I'm not flying down Atlanta Highway at anything over 55 mph.

- I've never really thought that panhandling was that big of a deal. In fact, I more frequently encounter folks who want to convert me to Christianity ... and when I tell them that I am, in fact, already a Christian, they proceed to tell me I'm really not ... presumably because I don't give money to their church.

- Folks actually involved with hunting pretty much say we don't need a new ordinance. Over the past few weeks, I've come to agree with them. While I'm still open to some sort of tiered approach, it does seem somewhat foolish to lay down an outright ban because of the irresponsible actions of a few who would violate said ban anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home