Thursday, January 11, 2007

Couple of things

- Somewhere, someone thinks I've got something worth saying. Tim Bryant was kind enough to ask me to appear on his show this morning and discuss, well, who knows what. It's on 1340-AM at 9:05 a.m. Only a bit nervous right now, so tune in and see if I make a complete fool of myself!

- I like the fact House Democrats voted to increase the minimum wage, but I'll be honest ... I'd like to see some tax relief for small businesses involved in the final piece of legislation. Fortunately, the Senate seems willing to help out.

- I've got some questions involving the DPG chair race ... and some surrounding circumstances.

- Good to see the multimodel center moving to its next phase of development. It's still hard for me to wrap my mind around how the whole thing will look when it all shakes out, but I know it's a good thing.

- Not a big fan of the governor, but his call for increased investment in our health education industry is quite welcome. If folks up in Atlanta follow through with this and it's done right, it could go hand-in-hand with some of the things we're hoping to do on the local level ... and would be a shocking, but pleasing example of how government should work.

- Audience participation! Seriously.

- I meant to plug this earlier, but there's an interesting discussion going on over at Athens World on what makes a subdivision a sudvision and a neighborhood a neighborhood.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed it, but I hope it went well this morning.

Darren

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Not bad. I settled down a bit after the first question or two. Only question which threw me for a loop was one regarding whether or not I support faith-based initiatives ... which I do in principle, but have concerns about implementation and practice.

Of course, my answer was considerably more fumbled.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

good luck!

and when are you gonna link my blog?

10:44 AM  
Blogger Oconee Democratic said...

Good job today Jonathan. The contempt for liberals in Bryant's questions were quite palatable. You handled him well.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

I have Nicki! Check the blogroll.

Tim was a good guy, and he was fair with me. I just wasn't expecting that question at all. But thanks for the kind words!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

Sweet, thanks!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home