Monday, February 05, 2007

On the Super Bowl

Some thoughts ...

- Watched maybe one quarter of the game. Seemed rather boring.

- How upset would you, as a fan of a team in the game, be if you drive to Miami and have to sit through a monsoon? Judging by the empty seats, apparently a good number of folks decided not to find out.

- As I commented to both Matt and Stanicek last night, if the Bears actually had a quarterback, they could be a decent little team. This just serves to bolster my theory that Steve Spurrier's offensive system, while it may absolutely dominate the college game, produces quarterbacks who have no shot in the NFL.

- I'm supposed to feel good for Peyton Manning. I don't.

- Best commercial? The ones for CareerBuilder.com were pretty funny, though I also liked the Emerald Nuts one that featured Robert Goulet.

3 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

I'm assuming the quarter you watched was toward the end? It really wasn't a boring game until that point. I was pretty impressed with this Superbowl. Your observation that Grossman sucks is accurate.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I was too drunk to watch past the half. Devin Hester is crazy, though.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Trey said...

Hater.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home