Thursday, May 24, 2007

Couple of things

- From what I hear, the Ford F-150 is sturdier as the Nissan Titan gives more on the impact of the knuckles.

- Athens-Clarke County ... anti-business or the town with the strongest economic growth in the state?

- If you're interested, I'm going to do another Wednesday Night Program at First Baptist Church of Athens on June 13. If you recall, I did one on faith and politics last year, and they're willing to let me come back this summer and talk about global warming, stewardship of the Earth and all of that.

- Ah yes, Alan Keyes ... redefining what it means to be irrelevant daily.

- I'm not a huge tennis fan, but if you get the chance go watch John Isner compete in the 2007 NCAA Tennis Championships. Isner is one of the best Georgia has ever hard and is arguably the top player in the country.

- Someone has to explain the appeal of Fred Thompson to me. Republicans are falling all over themselves to get him to run, and I'm at a loss for it. His positions are identical to John McCain's, he's from Hollywood (which I thought was a no-no for Republicans not named 'Arnold') and he enjoys engaging in childish, lame, embarassing arguments with Michael Moore (who is, well, childish, lame and embarassing). Seriously? This is the best you got?

- Excellent. I don't even have the faintest idea what compelled Bill Akin to pen this letter, but a couple of sentences and a Lenin reference? Wow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I asked a republican friend of mine recently, "are you guys going with the real-life New York prosecutor, or the fictional one?"

Darren

9:51 AM  
Blogger Flannery O'Clobber said...

Well, you know, he IS the best they've got right now. All the high-profile candidates have issues, and there are plenty of second-tier candidates who would seem to be competent but they're not getting any coverage due to the big names. So, yeah, a fictional DA and football star, who gets to play tough on tv every week, is the best they've got.

On the other hand, I'm sure he's at least twice as capable as the current president.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Have you seen his video responses to Michael Moore? The one where he looks incredibly frail and is smoking a cigar and rambles incoherently.

It's so absolutely ridiculous I can barely articulate it. And, again, I'm not a big fan of Moore either, so this whole thing is preposterous.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home