Sunday, September 02, 2007

Changes to tailgating?

With a new baby at the house, I missed Georgia's 35-14 win over Oklahoma State, as well as the festivities at Tent City. But, catching up on the news today, something caught my eye ...

This story on tailgating changes in the Athens Banner-Herald discusses a ban on grilling, and I have to assume this means a ban on grilling in the parking decks, and not a ban on grilling at traditional tailgating spots.

I don't see any mention of this rule, or any changes for 2007, here at Gameday Gameplan, nor is there a news release listed at UGA's web site either.

Of course, prohibiting grilling in a relatively enclosed space like a parking deck is a perfectly logical rule, and one I've got no problem with. But I'm curious ... is this new? And, if so, why was there little to no mention of this change?

Naturally, I wouldn't be in favor of a complete ban on grilling since, well, how could I do this ...

If you're interested, I still enjoyed a cheap beer yesterday from the friendly confines of my recliner.

5 Comments:

Blogger TKAthens said...

Missed ya yesterday my man, but what a game! And that story had to have been referring only to parking deck grilling because I assure you there were grills a plenty up and down campus yesterday.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.macon.com/166/story/126884.html

winning friends and influencing people

8:39 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Winning games my friend.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they start screwing around with grilling then the revolution may really be about to come down.

As Merle would say..."Thats getting on the fighting side of me."

3:12 PM  
Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

Yeah, it's a ban on parking deck grilling, not all outdoor grilling.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home