Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's wonky time

While I think there are definitely some good elements to Hillary Clinton's health care proposal, I still maintain that Barack Obama's plan out there for a variety of reasons ranging from increased flexibility for states to determine what method works best to efforts to reduce the cost of premiums and make coverage more affordable for all.

Still, can I take some time to defend Clinton's plan from Mitt Romney's absurd attack on it. While it's painfully obvious that he hasn't actually read anything about Clinton's plan, does he really believe that saying 'Hillarycare' over and over again is a winning strategy?

Especially since he ushered in a plan that had many similar characteristics while he was governor of Massachusetts. I mean, I know he enjoys shifting his political positions in order to meet the wishes of the GOP electorate, but this is ridiculous.

And that doesn't even touch the fact that the hospital where he spoke out against Clinton's plan wasn't happy at all with being a backdrop.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holla said...

Romney is a goon. No two ways about it. What is it with Republicans showing up four years later to mock the Democratic caricature from the previous election? Bush was the 'compassionate conservative' in 2000, the in-touch-with-his-feelings Texan who could feel our pain. Now Romney wants to be the flip-flopping, "please vote for me so I can fulfill my life's dream I'll say anything you want" candidate. Funny. Ha ha.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Holla said...

"mock" should be "mimic".

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home