Friday, October 19, 2007

It's more than just that

I feel bad that Charmar's has to close, but, then again, I never really shopped there. It was way too expensive - more so than Thyme After Thyme though lacking that store's quality selection - and one has to wonder whether or not the drought was merely the nail in the coffin.

Particularly with the new Lowe's on the eastside and the huge selection and substantially lower prices at Carole's Nursery.

Regardless though, Jack Lumpkin is right ... the police need to do a better job of knowing who does and doesn't have special-use permits.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what you were shopping for, but I always found Charmar's prices on vegetables, herb, and bedding plants to be competitive with Lowe's, Wally World, and other mass marketers, plus the plants were inevitably in better shape.

Also Charmar has/had a variety of plants that was unmatched on the eastside.

The post office there is quiet handy, especially as I have to mail a lot of things and get good postmarks on them. As an aside, has anyone besides me noticed how few mailboxes there are around these days.

Regrettably, I didn't shop there after about Easter for the very reasons the owner states in the article. Even the plants that I purchased then have for the most part died.


I''m going to miss Charmar, as I would often just stop by to see what was growing.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home