Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The joys of fatherhood



Last night I commented to The Wife that I used to never really understand those folks who said they just wanted to stay at home with the family. Not that I was ever averse to that kind of thing, but I kept thinking 'what do you do with a baby or a child for that much time?' Well, now I know because I told her there was no other place on the planet I'd rather be.

Being a father for just a few short months has, understandably, transformed me ... but in weird ways that I never thought possible. I cried during the end credits of Knocked Up. I speak baby talk non-stop, even at work. I refer to myself as 'Daddy' and The Wife as 'Mama.' I really got into Tori and Dean: Inn Love because I wanted to see how they handled certain parenting situations.

It's all too weird. Incredibly, unbelievably awesome, but somewhat weird nonetheless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the edge off parenting fears for the rest of us. You are the first parents who have not made us run screaming from the idea of parenthood... and having an incredibly cute and sweet baby doesn't hurt either ;)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Oconee Democratic said...

more than meets the eye

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home