Friday, April 04, 2008

Kind of a mea culpa

A week or so ago, I said that Jim Martin would struggle to raise $500,000 for his entire campaign, and he very well may have a hard time reaching that point. But, with word that he raised $350,000 in less than two weeks, I have to say that he's definitely got the ability to attract some donors.

I still think he doesn't raise enough to be competitive, and there is reason to believe that he maxed out a good bit on some donors off the bat who were very loyal to him, but I also can't sit here and tell you he doesn't figure to be the strongest fundraiser in the bunch.

I'm still with Josh Lanier in this thing, but I did want to point this out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Jim Martin fan, and look for him to raise enough to be competitive.

I don't know the other guys, keep getting them confused, frankly.

But I love Jim Martin, and expect that if you met him and talked w/him you would feel the same way. I think a friend here in Athens will probably throw a party for him, and if she does, I'll be sure you get to come and meet him.

He is the antithesis of the business as usual politician, he's very down to earth and compassionate. His sons and wife are also awesome, a very solid family. I think he is the most mature and experienced candidate we have in this race, he really knows how to talk w/folks.

Maddy

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That $350k is probably the result of everyone emptying the gun at once.

There ain't much more money out there for him. That's a good haul, but that might be all there is.

Reggie

10:50 AM  
Blogger GeorgiaValues said...

"He is the antithesis of the business as usual politician"

This could not be further from the truth. Jim Martin came out of the box attacking Saxby for abandoning our troops and their families, a personal attack completely devoid of evidence to back it up. Think what you like about Saxby, he has stood by our troops and their families. This false attack is the same tired old politics of personal destruction. We can fully expect Jim to run a 100%negative campaign.

Jim was talked into this race by the party insiders and left wing PACs backed by corporate interests. He is the typical business as usual career politician.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home