Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A bit of dissent

Perhaps some vendors opened up a little bit later, but I was underwhelmed in my visit to the Athens Farmer's Market because it felt a lot like a fair and less like a fresh produce market. There were some locally grown produce, but more crafts than I had anticipated. Not that it was a bad opening or that it's a bad venture by any means, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting.

I'll definitely go back, but as for now, I'm still going to stick to the stands along Highway 441 going to Madison.

2 Comments:

Blogger ACCBiker said...

For the time being, I am willing to cut them a little slack - it is only May 17th after all and not many veggies can grow that quickly - no matter how mild of a winter it was.

It was good to see the large turnout and interest by the community.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What time did you arrive? They hadn't expected such a huge turnout, so they ran out of food at about 9:30. I'm told that there was a lot at the start, and also, most growers are planning on bringing three times as much this weekend.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home