Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just seen

Juno - Rather brilliant actually. I thought it had clever writing, solid acting and was done rather well. I can see why Ellen Page landed an Oscar nomination for it (and probably should have won it). It was full of lots of pretty sweet moments and, I have to say, I'd kinda like it if the kid turned out a bit like Juno ... well, minus the whole teenage pregnancy thing.

Cloverfield - Um, yeah, the exact opposite. Easily one of the most disappointing movies I've seen in a while, and that's from someone who's seen the entire Blade trilogy more than once. Not only are you dizzy after watching people run around with a handheld camera, but it's maddening that you don't find out anything about the actual monster. Still, I can accept on some level that's what J.J. Abrams was going for ... but then, in your special features interview section, don't tell me the emotions of the monster 'cause if you wanted it to have emotions, then you'd drop in some backstory and a third-person narrative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home