Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I can do that!

Apparently proving there is no office he won't run for, rumors are swirling that Brian Kemp will run for Secretary of State if Karen Handel opts to run for governor in 2010.

Let's see ... two terms as a state representative before deciding to embark on a sure-fire losing campaign for Agriculture Commissioner and then, on the heels of that, briefly declaring for State Senate until Ralph Hudgens figured he'd keep that seat which resulted in Kemp flirting with a primary challenge to Hudgens because he was mad and now this.

Can we toss his name into the mayoral hunt too? Perhaps an independent run for coronor? Maybe Public Service Commission?

5 Comments:

Blogger Oconee Democratic said...

I saw Mr. Kemp at North Oconee High School's Fine Arts Auditorium last night, which is the nicest "wide" venue in the area, perhaps even nicer than the Hodgson Hall. He was there supporting his in-laws and did not have his candidate suit on, although his in-laws did

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was a Senator.

10:08 AM  
Blogger ACCBiker said...

And a pretty good Senator at that. I liked what he was doing in Atlanta for the few years he was doing it. I called him a few times and he always returned my calls and listened to what I had to say. I didn't agree with a lot of what he was doing by blindly following in step with the GOP at times. But I thought he could have been a long term Senator for the area. But I guess he was convinced otherwise.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I called him a few times and he always returned my calls and listened to what I had to say."

Well, he never returned mine. But then he knew I was a well, you know, Democrat.

10:30 PM  
Blogger ACCBiker said...

So I am.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home