Friday, November 14, 2008

Public or private

James and I had a good-natured disagreement on this matter, but I still contend that restrictions on drawing water from wells and streams or rivers must be tightened.

Again, I can respect the private property line of argument, but just because I've drilled a hole in my backyard doesn't mean I'm not tapping into a commonly shared resource. Just because my property extends to a river doesn't mean I can freely draw from that river as I see fit.

At the very least, it's preposterous to have the existing daily limit be 100,000 gallons per day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

It's not that preposterous if you have a farm to maintain the area's need and demand for local produce. Or, say, a very large golf course adjacent to a river.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home