Monday, November 24, 2008

Um ...

The Georgia Republican Party apparently thinks The Wife is a conservative since we keep getting RoboCalls and mail pieces on Saxby Chambliss's behalf. Of course, if you ever actually met The Wife you'd realize pretty quickly she is anything but a Republican.

Still, the mail piece we got today picked up on the familiar narrative of 'stopping the liberal agenda' and used lots of pictures of Democrats to underscore this point. I get Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid being included, though I think Barney Frank is kind of a stretch since I wonder how many Georgia Republicans know what he looks like.

The oddest inclusion was Keith Olbermann. Not because he's a progressive since it makes sense that the GOP would throw the kitchen sink in this race, but rather because he's a merely media figure. Voting for Chambliss won't do anything to deter Olbermann's presence on MSNBC, will it? It isn't like he's got a vote in the U.S. Senate (if he did, it might make the focus on this race less relevant), so it's kinda silly to make the message 'Vote Saxby! Stop Olbermann!'

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Pritchett said...

During W's first term I got a letter-size photo of him in the mail with a fake handwritten note that said something like "thank you for your support." Since I had just gotten laid off I interpreted it to mean "thanks for giving up your job so I can achieve my global market agenda that will eliminate the middle class."

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home