Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Wife says 'Valentine's what?'

Seeing how I work with mostly women, much of the talk regarding Valentine's Day typically focuses on what I'm going to do for The Wife. I have tried valiently to tell them that my lovely bride really doesn't want anything for Valentine's Day, but still some (ehem ... Carissa ... cough) persist.

This prompts the best Valentine's Day card I've ever received ...

I, Julie McGinty, do not want husband, Johnathan McGinty, to purchase me anything for Valentine's Day. I find Valentine's Day to be a truly pointless holiday. There isn't anything that said husband could buy for me that would do more to convince me that he is the best husband in the world. Seriously people, I don't want anything. Now leave him alone. He cooks, cleans, does laundry, etc., etc., etc. I understand that it's inconceivable that I would not want anything, but girls, I have the best husband ever. I would much rather have the cooking, cleaning, laundering, etc. than some candy and other crap to show me that he truly cares on this one day.

And another thing, we just had Christmas for crying out loud. What more do retailers want from us? Our first-born? If only Hallmark and other retailers would get behind stopping addiction to meth or genocide in Africa, then I could get behind it. That's something that would actually have a good effect on this world rather than Americans spending money on candy that no one needs, cards that no one reads, and whatever else people are suckered into in hopes of illustrating their love for others. And don't get me started on St. Patrick's Day ...


The Wife scoffs at consumer-driven holidays.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart woman.
Lucky man.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

I offered* Bly "the best sex [she's] ever had" but she looked upset for some reason.




*This story may be fabricated, do not use other than as directed, do not take more than the recommended dose, do not look directly at Happy Fun Ball, do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Do you know from whence I plagiarized the above VD offer?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Indeed I do my friend. One of the highlights from the Valentine's Day The Office ... also good from that episode, Jim being stuck in the break room during Ryan's rejection of the date. Good times.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Amber Rhea said...

I loved how Jim was just like, "Oh no, not while I'm here..." Talking to himself more than anyone else.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home