Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Couple of things

- Democrat Mac Rawson, who is challenging Sen. Ralph Hudgens's newly redistricted State Senate seat, will be on Tim Bryant's radio show this morning at 9 a.m. on 1340-AM. I like him. You oughta check it out.

- I'm A Realist puts together a fantastic summary of the Georgia baseball team's recent surge.

- Speaking of Georgia athletic blogs, Dawg Sports has put together an insanely thorough and oddly fascinating series on a proposed realignment of the Big Ten conference. They've got a weird thing involving the Big Ten over there as they're also pushing for a home-and-home series with Michigan. And that, it should be noted, is a pretty cool idea ... though the Wolverines don't rank as high in my top five wish list for future opponents:

1. Penn State
2. Texas
3. Notre Dame
4. North Carolina
5. Michigan

Why North Carolina you ask? There's a lot of high school football talent for one thing, and it would be a fantastic weekend trip for Georgia fans. Chapel Hill is a tremendous town.

- Russ takes issues with David Blaine. Come to think of it ... Russ knows a heck of a lot about magic, and I've known the guy for like 20-plus years and never really thought about that.

9 Comments:

Blogger Russell & Mariah said...

Were you at Carrie, Bly, and Julie's apartment when I bent the spoon someone else was holding in half?

I do love me some magic.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

No ... but I am horrified of your powers.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jmac:

You should have drank the tequila the other night.

BB

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Very out of context good sir, but perhaps ...

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I would chime in with my top 5 wish list of future opponents...

1) Notre Dame
2) Florida State
3) Oklahoma
4) Virginia Tech
5) Clemson

I know we just played Clemson but I love that rivalry and it definitely should be rekindled AND I would rather jab flaming hot Tic-Tacs into the spaces between all of my toes than find out we were wasting a schedule spot on anyone from the Big Ten. I loathe that conference more than ground beef.

TIM

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clemson? Yeah, I hear they're awesome on the gridiron. Afraid of a challenge? Scared a real team from the Big Ten would crush your Dawgs? I know they would. You ladies couldn't hang with PSU, OSU, Iowa, or UM. Stick to the also-rans. That's where your program is most comfortable.
P.S. Who loathes ground beef? Seriously? You actually had to mention that you loathe ground beef?

Big Ten

8:18 PM  
Blogger Holla said...

Unfortunately (for your argument), every bowl game we've ever played against the Big Ten shows we don't have much to be afraid of.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Now, now Xon ... those Big Ten running backs who clock in with 5.2 times in the 40-yard dash can be intimidating.

By the way ... Iowa? I can see the swagger behind a Michigan or Ohio State, but when your next best is Iowa than that's sad. Head down here and run through LSU, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee and Alabama ... and then we'll talk.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is little to say after Xon's dead on comment regarding UGA's domination of all things mid-western and Jonthan's poignant rumination on the Big Ten style of play which often moves slower than an arthritic 80 year old in rain boots walking through a tar bog. Well done friends, WELL DONE!

-and yes I do loathe ground beef...is that so wrong...jeez are you from the Beef Council or something? I thought you guys only ate cheese and brats.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home