Thursday, September 14, 2006

Couple of things

- I retraced the steps that led me to the R.E.M. benefit/tribute concert.

- This is a shame. Ann Richards was one of those crucial public figures who I had a fondness for during the transitionary phase from me being the youth who was raised Republican to becoming a Democrat in the 1990s. The Texas political scene is worse off without her.

- This is tonight!? I thought it was at the end of the month ... I don't know how I'm going to swing this one, but I've got to give it a go.

- Surprise, surprise ... consultants don't want to offer affordable housing but, instead, upper-end housing. Listen, I'm not saying it should be entirely devoted to use for poverty agencies or homelesness agencies - I've long advocated for some sort of mixed-use, economic development on that property - but a portion of the property should be reserved for offering affordable, quality, transitional housing ... something which is significantly lacking in this community.

- These types of laws are mighty tricky because, in essence, you're asking for some sort of regulation hindering the ability of individuals to associate freely. While I've got no problem with using existing laws to handle situations where some individuals are overly aggressive and threatening, it seems to me simply asking for money shouldn't be regulated.

- Awesome. I like Ryan Hybl, and I had no idea he was playing anywhere. Good for him. If he wins, he lands a Master's invitation for 2007.

- Note use of phrase 'neo-Molly Hatchetts'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home