Friday, December 01, 2006

Couple of things

- I've been fighting off a cold for the past couple of days (thank you Hillary), so I'm a bit slow here. I know you missed me.

- There's a pretty interesting, though at times uncivil, discussion going on at Athens Politics. So far it's featured grammatical critiques, favoring one group over another, the Homestead Exemption and, of course, a little bit of Chuck Jones.

- The folks from Doug McKillip's campaign (transition team? office? crew?) were kind enough to send over a press release detailing his plans for the Georgia Earned Income Tax Credit.

- Apparently, I missed the 'Christians should vote for Charlie Maddox' argument which James Robertson put forth yesterday. Rabbi Gerson countered that claim today, which was good to see. If you're a Christian and want to vote for Maddox, knock yourself out. I'm a Christian, and I'm going to vote for Heidi Davison. I don't necessarily see how either one of us 'wrong.'

- I just don't see how you could oppose this minor raise in sewer fees, particularly when it means you're going to have an improved system and additional lines to provide service and encourage development. I'm just going to have to disagree with both Carl Jordan and George Maxwell. The cost of our water and sewage is still considerably lower than other metro areas in the state and factors out to, on the average, less than $3.50 a month. And, in the end, you get a more improved, more efficient system.

- I agree with this editorial. Hank Huckaby should have been allowed to stick around, as should both Heidi Davison and David Lynn according to this hypothetical scenario.

- Typically, I post all my college football stuff at The Cover Two, but I feel compelled to put this video of Georgia's game-winning touchdown from last Saturday up here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Pritchett said...

It would be kind of neat if you made your blog entry titles descriptive about the content. That would be a handy reference when scrolling through your blog, which I scroll through frequntly.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

It's become something of J's own idiom.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home