Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Dream a little dream

By default, Paul tagged me ... asking me to think up my five fantasy careeers. I can think of three, but five is hard. The final two could be shaky, but we'll give it a go ...

1. Communications Director, Augusta National Golf Club - I interned a couple of times for the current director back in college, and this has long been at the top of my wish list. Being an Augusta native, having the chance to work for The Masters and the ANGC would be nothing short of a dream come true.

2. Political Strategist/Policy Advisor, Barack Obama for President - I tell you what senator ... you make up your mind, and then you shoot me an email.

3. Owner, Random Seaside Bar/Grill - I've already got it mapped out too. The only bottled beer we'd serve would be Miller High Life ... everything else would be in a can for, like, $1.25. That and fried food. And we'd have to have a funny name and great view.

4. Matthew Yglesias - Blog and write on politics - intermixed with some sports and pop culture - all day? I can handle that. Though I'd have better hair.

5. Personal Chef - Sort of ties into No. 3, but like I said, I'm reaching here. Still, I love to cook, but wouldn't want to work for a big restaurant or catering service. Something where I could map out and prepare meals for four to five folks would rock.

Who should do this now? How about Russ and Nikki.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you still support Obama nw that Hilary's camp just outed him as being raised & educated as a Muslim???

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Why wouldn't I?

Is he a Muslim now? Would that even matter?

I mean, considering I'm not a bigot, I'm pretty much open-minded with who I want to serve in public office.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bigot?? LOL! Give me a break...

He was reared in a muslim school to hate infidells! Are you fucking kidding me about supporting this idiot???


What do you think he is going to do to to protect our country against the bvery people who want to kill us??

And have you wondered why, when Hillary outed him for HIDING this info, he hasn't responded. He's LIED about his background.

Get a clue man. He is definately the wrong man for the job.

But I'm a conservative, I doubt we'll agree on politics - reading your blog for the first time, its obvious you're a lib. What a shame - you seem like a pretty smart guy.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

But I'm a conservative, I doubt we'll agree on politics - reading your blog for the first time, its obvious you're a lib. What a shame - you seem like a pretty smart guy.

I think your concession of me being a 'pretty smart guy' should help to answer why I am, indeed, a 'lib.'

As for Obama ... his father was Muslim, his mother had no particular religious background. He went to school in Indonesia before returning home to live with his grandparents in his middle school years to that bastion of radical Islam ... Kansas.

There's also the fact that he, you know, converted to Christianity as well ... meaning he is, indeed, a Christian.

Aside from that, considering our nation is not actually at war with the entire Muslim faith, I think it's pretty irresponsible to paint such ridiculous broad pictures. There's a distinct difference between actually being 'raised and educated as a Muslim' and being a radical Islamic terrorist intent on taking innocent life.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home