Sunday, January 21, 2007

Makes your head spin

I never really know what to do when the other guys offer an idea that, well, isn't half bad. Now with two ideas worth exploring, what's a good Democrat to do?

First Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle and State School Superintendent Kathy Cox call for an expansion of charter schools and then, of all people, President Bush ponders ways to increase health care coverage. The latter's proposal is far from a perfect idea, but it's a positive start.

Of course, he stubbornly clings to his management of Iraq and refuses to discuss mandates regarding global warming, so there's that.

2 Comments:

Blogger hillary said...

Fella, I think you're jumping the gun here in both cases. I'm slightly more willing to buy the charter schools thing, in that I think it's possible the motivations are at least good (although I'm not in favor of the existence of charter schools), but the health care thing? Sucko. Not buying it.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

It's not the best story for me to cite - there was a more thorough one earlier that day, but I guess it got updated into the one I linked to. Still, coming from a man who once said of our health care situation that he couldn't wave a magic wand to fix our problems, the fact that he's apparently offering a somewhat decent idea is hopefully a starting point for meaningful dialogue.

Of course, I'm probably giving him too much credit on this.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home