Saturday, March 03, 2007

Shotguns not for recycling

When this day began, I didn't realize it would end with me suffering through an hour-and-a-half long set by The Worst Band In The History Of The Known Universe.

Seriously ... when you cover I Like My Women A Little On The Trashy Side by Confederate Railroad, Cocaine by Eric Clapton, Tubthumper by Chumbawumba, What I Got by Sublime, Running With The Devil by Van Halen, Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones, I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash, Trick Loves The Kids by Trick Daddy and the theme to The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air - all in the same show - you're kinda reaching.

Kids, just because you can play all of those songs doesn't mean you can play them terribly well ... and it doesn't mean you should try.

And something recorded by Confederate Railroad in 1992 isn't 'old-school country.' It was all I could do to not rush the stage and strangle the lead singer when he dropped that pearl of wisdom.

So, the lesson to take from this is that if someone presents with the following choice - 'hey man, let's go hear Recycled Shotguns rock out' vs. 'hey man, let's run our tongues through a food processor' - opt for the latter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Al_Davison said...

you guys left before 2 very important things happened: 1) you didn't buy your round of drinks
2) I got called on stage to play on a song (panties were not thrown on this occaision - unusual but I think it caught everyone, including me, by surprise)

BTW - Jmac is not exaggerating.

BTW2: the Foil-Wrapped Cucumbers will be starting rehearsal soon. Stay tuned to this channel for tour dates, merchandise offers, and special guest star appearances. You heard it here first!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

I do owe you a beer good sir. Let's try to cash that in over the course of the next week or so.

As long you bring the cowbell, we're set.

9:09 AM  
Blogger David Hamilton said...

"I put my pants on, one leg at a time . . ."

There is kind of a resemblance . . .

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home