Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Couple of things

- I think Warren Blackmon files a lawsuit over some sort of zoning issue every year. Doesn't seem likely he'll fare better in his appeal considering he's changed his mind on what to build in that particular zoning area two or three times, all without going through the necessary process to amend the proposal.

- Having covered Georgia golf in the past, I have to say that this doesn't surprise me. Art Leon's quote regarding Todd McCorkle being the kind of guy you could have a beer with, but not the guy you want coaching women's golf is dead-on. It wasn't as if he was swarmy or anything, but that he just didn't really have a sense of what was appropriate. The harassment complaints are most troubling, and McCorkle shouldn't be coaching anywhere as a result. The man was acting like an idiot, and he got what he deserved.

- However, I'm less sympathetic to the views that McCorkle 'yelled' at his players. Coaches yell ... coaches of all sports. If yelling at players gets you in trouble, then Andy Landers would be long gone by now.

- Amen to this editorial. Doc Elderidge is exactly the man the Athens Area Chamber of Commerce needs to head up its organization, and I have no doubt it will get back on track under his leadership. Kudos good sir.

- Speaking of Doc, I'm not ashamed to say that had he run for the 10th Congressional District, he would have been the frontrunner to receive my vote (maybe Pete McCommons and I are more alike than I think). He's not, which makes my choice considerably easier. I say that because James Marlow wrote a very strong piece in today's Athens Banner-Herald.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home