Monday, July 23, 2007

Couple of things

- Guys, you're just now realizing there's no room for a drive-through ... in a building smack in the middle of downtown?

- It isn't as if I think this is a bad idea by any means, but it just seems like everyone else is doing all in their power to limit development on 316 and Barrow County is marching on full-speed ahead.

- Amen to these columns, as they're perfect examples of why Sergio Garcia fell out of my favor a few years back. First Scott Micheaux's take on it, followed by Art Spander.

- Listen, I know that Democrats have a long way to go in order to get back to being in a consistent, competitive state in Georgia, but can we at least find someone I'm OK in voting for for U.S. Senate? Vernon Jones? Really?

- First off, I want to know where exactly Jerry Keen is having dinner at for $300-plus. Second, yes, I am one of those guys who think this kind of thing is ultimately detrimental to our political system. To claim these poor guys need a break because they sacrifice so much to make collect $17,500 for three months work, so it's 'OK' to get kickbacks from lobbyists trying to woo them is ridiculous.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh M. said...

Cheng's is gone?! Son of a ... my day is ruined. Is nothing sacred? Next thing you'll tell me is that Compadre's ... WHAT?!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been told that 5-Guys is very good.

My sister was in Scotland for the British Open, and I'm quite jealous.

David Hamilton

10:18 AM  
Blogger Holla said...

Jmac, hmmmm...if only there was a politician who consistently held to a "no kickbacks" philosophy. :-)

Hugs and kisses,

Xon (who has moved to Kentucky, but can neither affirm nor deny allegations that he did so in order to take a job as the state campaign manager for Ron Paul)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Polusplanchnos said...

Five Guys is very good for a fast burger. I've gone to the one in Gainesville four times in a few months when my wife and I were going to the hospital there. The regular burger is a double patty, so if you want the single you have to get the junior. You can request a lot of different toppings at no charge, and "all the way" includes sauteed onions and mushrooms in addition to the usual suspects. A regular order of fries is more than enough to feed two people, so I have no idea how much the larger order of fries is. I think a regular burger and regular fries with fountain drink was about six bucks, but it's a lot to eat for such a price.

They also have free salted and in the shell peanuts you can eat while waiting for your order.

We'll have to see if the ones that open here in Athens are as good as the one I went to in Gainesville.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home