Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pushing back

Since I posted my issues with the global warming denial sideshow hosted by Georgia Republicans, I got a press release from Rep. Dubose Porter (D-Dublin) who was bothered by the comments made by Jeff Lewis and Clay Cox ...

"Political leaders in our neighbor states, like South Carolina and Florida, have taken steps to address this problem," Porter said. "By refusing to acknowledge, much less address, this problem, Georgia Republicans are burying their heads in the sand on the issue of global warming and ignoring a potential catastrophe."

Flack (who has the entire release posted) likes that Democrats decided to hit back on this one, and says they should do more of that. I agree. Granted we've seen a ideological shift in this state that is largely responsible for GOP gains in Georgia, but I also think the fact that so many Democrats have sat on their hands the past few years around here has contributed to that surge of red.

Pushing back is a good thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From my view point---I think when you know glaciers are literally crumbling into the sea, and you see it with your own eyes----and you know for a fact that we are in the hottest global weather phase we have been in in the last century---and you still to continue to deny global warming is real, I think you are just being blind to reality. Now, I think you can make a legitimate case for believing there isnt enough evidence to say what is causing it-----but the reality of it is there. And all the little "Al Gore invented the internet" and "Al Gore uses as much energy in his house as Kenya" mass e-mails won't change that.

Thats just me at 5 in the morning though.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home