Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What's the point?

Here is everything wrong with the state of Georgia politics ...

"Very few (legislators) tell me they think it's a good idea," (Georgia Budget and Policy Institute Director Alan) Essig said. "At the same time, very few tell me they'll vote against it."

So it's routinely agreed upon that the Glenn Tax stamps out local control and that most folks from both sides of the aisle think it's not the most appropriate way to go about tax reform. Yet they're going to vote for it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This might be the scariest thing that I've read so far regarding the Glenn Tax. I can't tell you how much it depresses me to think that we've got a bunch of legislators who don't have the courage to vote against something that they and many, many others think is a really bad idea because of ________ what???? Somebody please fill in the blank. I mean, "I think it's a bad idea" must mean that "I think that the people that I represent will be worse off because of this proposal". However, they're going to vote for it anyway???? Good lord, this is what I look for in a representative. Can we just fire 'em all and start over?

Illini89

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home