Thursday, November 08, 2007

Time usage

Blake updates us on some late-night commission action, including the silencing of District Six Commissioner Carl Jordan during the first half of the meeting. It was over the what the official name/acronym should be for the local government. When they were allowed to discuss during the commissioner input portion of the meeting, District Five Commissioner David Lynn offered a suggestion ...

"I realize we have bigger fish to fry," he said, but the commission should have a work session to decide what acronym to use to describe the government. UG? ACC? UGACC? ACCUG? And why do different departments use different logos?

Do we really need a work session for this? Couldn't this be achieved via an email exchange?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Careful.... sounds like a campaign platform being formed.....

11:06 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

If I opt to seek an office, I don't think I'd base my platform on the installation of a listserv. :)

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Commissioner McGinty of the Sixth, what's your vote? UG? ACC? UGACC? ACCUG? ACUG? ACCGUG? UGACCG? LYNZADUMMY?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jmac said...

You'd have to email me to find out. :)

Of course, I chalk this up to 'what does it matter' though I've always liked the clean, simple 'ACC.'

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home