Thursday, November 29, 2007

You learn something new

Every once in a while, you find a factoid so fabulous, it's impossible to not share with the rest of the world. And I have found such a fun nugget of information here ...

#1. I have been to McDonald's exactly twice in the last 18 months or so. Both trips have come in the past week. Why? I absolutely love, adore, crave, and must have the McRib. I have loved the McRib since I was a child. It is the perfect match between my taste buds and food. Thanks to a billboard on Lexington Hwy, I saw that the McRib had returned for what amounts to its nineteenth "farewell tour," or something like that. The McDonald's up on Gaines School Road near Lexington Hwy has them, and I have eaten four total (so far).

Safe to say that after I finished laughing at this ... I found myself craving a McRib, so I had one for dinner last night. Not as good as I remember from my younger days (or from the versions that were served in my high school cafeteria which were cleverly dubbed 'MacRibs' to avoid any trademark disputes), but still a fine dining option.

8 Comments:

Blogger TKAthens said...

Sweet Jesus - please don't make me eat a McRib tonight during our podcast...I actually just had a seizure from thinking about it...

5:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am convinced that the McRib's popularity is a sign that the body snatchers were victorious.

6:22 PM  
Blogger jmSnowden said...

mmmmmmmmm. Mctasty!!!!!!

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say a word, since I have been known to dip my fries in my frosties at Wendy's. Except moderation in all things, including moderation!

aquariusrizing

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In high school I remember spending a day at Westside for some school or club related reason and eating lunch in your cafeteria. I thought it was supremely odd that your milk was served in these little baggies that you poked your straw in like a Capri Sun.

Steak nuggets were the best school cafeteria food.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

They are not, and never have been, "a fine dining option."

But they are ambrosia of the gods.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jmac said...

Steak nuggets. Excellent Meims.

Man, I forgot about those ...

9:21 AM  
Blogger hillary said...

Shouldn't there be a hyphen there, Paul?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home