Monday, January 28, 2008

An announcement

Though I'm sure a lot of you good folks will ask 'already?' when I tell you this, it's still worthwhile to point out. Starting today, I am a self-employed man.

I know, I know ... I was at my most current job for only a few months, but this decision has been a long time coming and isn't reflective of any one factor. Long story short, for the past couple of years I've felt a desire to test the entrepreneurial waters in Athens-Clarke County and to do so in a way that can not only utilize my skills and talents, but also enable me to do the work that means the most to me.

So, I am launching my own consulting business that will work to assist non-profits, advocacy groups and the occasional small business (or two or three or 48) with marketing, communications, strategic planning and fundraising. There's a lot of work ahead of me - and, of course, a lot of uncertainty too - but I'm as excited and optimistic as I've been in quite some time.

I've got a supportive set of parents, helpful and loyal friends, the greatest wife ever and, of course, the best baby girl in the whole world. With assets like these, I feel confident in what the future holds.

(Though if you're interested in some help, I am looking for some clients).

4 Comments:

Blogger jmSnowden said...

Heck yes!!!!!!!!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Best of luck to you. Exciting!

2:30 PM  
Blogger hillary said...

And yet no post saying "booyah" on Saturday evening?

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Johnny!! Make your dreams come true and reach for the stars and happy spirit fingers your way and all that. You are in an enviable position.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home