Monday, April 07, 2008

A clarification

With all of the discussion going on about the Community Development Block Grant revisions, I do think it's important to point out that I don't feel that East Athens Development Corporation or Hancock Corridor Development Corporation are 'wrong' in any sense. Likewise, and I've seen this in some comments and gotten a few email messages indicating this, but I don't think Alvin Sheats - or anyone else employing a similar argument - is racist. That's silly to me.

I think Sheats is making a foolish argument that isn't reflective of the realities of the situation, but he's hardly a racist. And, as I've said many times before, EADC and HCDC are good organizations that have noble missions. Their problem is not their intent or their people, but rather the execution of their job and their lack of results despite such large funding chunks.

And it's because of their noble missions and good people that I hope they're able to turn things around and deliver their services with more efficiency and better results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home