Thursday, May 15, 2008

More focus on Barrow

Regina Thomas's challenge to John Barrow has picked up front page attention at Open Left, which labels Barrow as one of their 'Bush Dog Democrats.' While I still bristle at some of those classifications because I think they're not fulling understanding the delicate nature of some of these races and reflect a top-down approach to picking candidates rather than a localized one, it's interesting to see this getting prominent play at one of the 'big boy' blogs in the liberal world.

It should be a good race. As I said there, I've got some personal allegiances to Barrow with him being an Athens native, member of my church and all of that, though I do like Thomas (sans Sunday Sales), so it will be a fun one to watch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand the "he's a pretty good guy" so I'll vote for him mindset. I have great disdain for those Democrats who've supported Bush's War on Iraq, and thus have given aid and comfort to Republican buffoons who like to call people like me "traitors" for daring to protest.

What exactly has Barrow done to earn any Democrat's support?

It's going to be a landslide election for Democrats. And if we can replace barely Democratic incumbents in the primary along the way, I'm all for it.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Republican, I'd be inclined to toss my support behind any Democrat who had the good common sense to recognize that Saddam needed killin'.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a Republican I would think you would have some passing familiarity with such concepts as "opportunity cost" and "cost/benefit analysis."

Sadly, no.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regina Thomas? If you've spent any time around the Gold Dome you'd realize she is nuts and everyone knows it...

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home