Thursday, June 19, 2008

Where I'm at

Since I'm talking a lot about encouraging folks to run for the Clarke County Board of Education, it's only logical that I get the question posed to me - 'why don't you run for it?'

It's something I would consider, however John Knight is my representative (in fact he lives just down the street from me), he has two years remaining on his term and, quite frankly, I think he's done a pretty good job in his brief stint. If I lived elsewhere in the community where there was a seat up for reelection, I would give strong consideration to running.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jmac, Long time reader, first time poster. Having read your "platform" for some time now, I think you would bring a lot to the table at the BOE-- fresh perspective is in short supply. My wife Monica says you are perspicacious in fact (been waiting all day to use that word), and GOD KNOWS we need that. What say you run for my seat at the BOE (you are not likely to face opposition-- who else would want to tackle that bear) and I run for Jordan's seat in District 6? I've enjoyed my tenure here, but I've been thinking for some time now that my law degrees would be put to better use at the bocc. What are your thoughts on the issue?

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS-- signed, John Knight. Sorry man, on a long overdue vacation in a cabin up in the mountains and this dial-up booted me before I could Johnhancock it.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home