Monday, July 28, 2008

The straight face

Mind you, I can be somewhat of a stick in the mud from time to time, but I've got to agree with some of the critics and say that relying on cutesy commercials to explain a complicated and significant shift in water consumption policy may not be the best way to explain it to your customer base.

When I read 'Conservation Greene' and 'Ivana Cleancar' in the article, I said out loud 'seriously?' And, again, seriously? Are we going to promote OneAthens's efforts next by creating a character named 'Joe McPoor?'

Some things just need to be explained carefully and without the need to let folks know how 'cool' we are, and changes to our water policy might just be that.

Then again, I wasn't a fan of the mosquite awareness commercial either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home