Friday, July 25, 2008

More please

Awesome.

"I don't think there's any doubt it's intensified the rivalry," (Georgia head coach Mark) Richt said Thursday. "But what intensified the rivalry is that we won. OK? I mean, that's the reality."

..........

"You know, people want to talk about streaks in that game. The way I see it, we won last year. We won two out of the last four," Richt said. "And if you want to start going back in history, you might as well go back to the beginning of the history of the series and see where Georgia is there. I don't know why everybody wants to go just 15 games back. I mean, if you want to go back, go back to the beginning. If you want to talk about recent history, let's talk about last year, the last few games, you know."

3 Comments:

Blogger David Hamilton said...

I love it. I also love that Meyer apparently has something "plannned" for us this year . . .

12:43 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

Meh... People go 15 games back because that's when our epic slump against the Gators began. I can admit that it's a relevant number, even though I'm a Dawg through and through. Is it good that Richt and the team continue to look past the slump and focus on the win? Yes. But for Richt to say "looking 15 games back is meaningless"--and then look four games back because our record is better now--kind of makes me roll my eyes.

When did our record become irrelevant? When we started winning (some) again?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When did our record become irrelevant? When we started winning (some) again?

Two of the last four years maybe?

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home