Tuesday, September 30, 2008

District Six

Over in my old stomping grounds, it looks like we've actually got a race for Athens-Clarke County Commission District Six. Driving around town, I've seen a good number of Ed Robinson signs and, prior to our move, I had received a letter from him as well.

Not much out of Red Petrovs's camp yet, though I did see my first signs for him along Atlanta Highway near the Publix yesterday. Honestly, they're not attractive and pretty confusing. The campaign's slogan apparently is 'Pick Red Petrovs' so 'Pick Red' is larger in red text on a blue background, but 'Petrovs' is much, much smaller and almost impossible to read.

Seeing how things like yard signs spur name recognition, which is crucial in down-ballot, local races like this one (particularly ones lacking an incumbent), I wish someone would have advised Petrovs to go a different route.

I'm hoping to touch base with both candidates to get some thoughts on the race, but what about y'all? What are y'all hearing on this race or others?

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Pritchett said...

Surprisingly, I've heard nothing at all.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Ed Robinson said...

I've been walking neighborhoods and holding coffees. So far I've walked Idelwylde, Great Oak, Swanson, Holiday Estates and River Cliffe and held coffees in Deerfield and Hanover, Kinney Ridge and Holday Estates. We're walking three more neighborhoods (we're getting volunteers involved now too) between now and the first debate which - Get This - is scheduled on Yom Kippur. That's right, I will have a headache and have fasted for a day before I have to make sense on the radio in a live debate. But, the choice was that or else give Red an open mike.

The first of the campaigns endorsements was released today from Jane Kidd. Others will be following shortly including one from someone you can probably guess.

We'll be walking your neighborhood pretty soon. If anyone wants to get involved, check out EdRobinsonDistrict6.com

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home