Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Hamby

The decision of Elton Dodson to withdraw from the Athens-Clarke County Commission District 10 race means that Mike Hamby will assume that spot next year. As I noted earlier this summer, I've been lending a hand to Hamby's campaign, and I'm excited for him and I'm excited for the community.

Mike's an honest guy who is dedicated to progressive principles and possesses a pragmatic way of looking at things. He'll bring a much-needed small business perspective to the commission, and I think he'll do just fine.

Dodson and I sparred right off the bat after he joined the commission, but ultimately I think he served the community well. Make no mistake, he and I had disagreements over policy and over the roles and responsibilities of a commissioner, but Dodson is a good guy who desired to do good for his community. He worked hard to make Athens-Clarke County stronger. His service should be applauded, and I wish him and his family the best moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home